H1Z1: King Of The Kill is getting a big update today. The massive online PC survival shooter will now have “greater consistency with player movement, positioning, and firing” thanks to improvements to hit registration. You can see some of those changes in update trailer below, along with upgraded graphics and new additions to the world map. There’s also a revamped shotgun, which promises to be much more effective.
This latest update brings back Skirmishes, special weekend matches with alternating rule sets (for example, limited weapon types, safe zones, etc.) This update’s rule set is called Shotties & Snipers, where players only have access to shotguns and hunting rifles while playing in a Skirmish.
Speaking of shotguns, the weapon will now “connect more consistently with targets when shooting” thanks to changes to the pellet spread.
H1Z1’s world map The Arena has three new landmarks for players to fight in and around. Many of the game’s buildings have had their interiors adjust to make them easier to navigate, and the game’s environments have improved lighting and terrain changes. There are new skins for vehicles too and an overhaul of inventory screens to make them easier to access and understand.
You can get a look at the full game notes here, but here is a list of the quality of life and big fixes in this latest update:
- Crafting & Healing timer has been moved so it no longer obscures the crosshair.
- Items from the Weekend Challenge (5/13 – 5/14) will be granted with this update.
- When using classic hit markers, the marker will turn bold for headshots
- Incoming hit sounds should more clearly distinguish headshots from body shots
- In team games, teammate chevrons have been removed to lessen the visual distraction they were providing. Activate free look (default: alt) to see teammate nameplates at unlimited range.
- Body armor (laminated and makeshift) now always show up on top of parkas.
- Players can now disable vehicle degradation sound effects in the useroptions.ini by editing the VehicleDegradationVolume=1 line.
- When you get a kill, there is a new UI element that will indicate the name and tier of the player you killed as well as any XP gained as a result.
- Icons on the Main Menu have been added to let you know when you have a new item in your character inventory or when there is a sale in the Marketplace.
- To make navigation easier, we combined the Unlocked and Locked Crates into a single view.
- Items in the Appearance menu now show how to acquire the item (Crate, Scrapyard, etc)
- Ping display in the HUD will update more often than it used to.
- The Inventory “More Info” panel will now be closed by default.
- Parachutes should no longer spin when starting a match.
- Removed collision from arrows once they’re stuck in a target to prevent them from blocking other projectiles.
- You should once again be able to use voice chat after dying using mouse buttons.
- Stun grenades will now affect players in vehicles.
- Adjusted the model of the taxi to more precisely match the police car (the collisions were already identical).
- Fixed camera issues that could occur when entering a vehicle while prone or crouched.
- Fixed the Twitch Prime offroader skin not correctly applying in-game.
- Fixed several HUD elements that were displayed incorrectly in some languages.
- Kill feed should no longer overlap the score elements in team matches.
- Region should no longer change itself after selecting one then accessing Settings.
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking on a skin you don’t own could cause the item you previously had highlighted to be scrapped.
- Button prompt to open/close Inventory will now update based on keybinding selection.
- Pressing escape will now cancel a change in quantity on Inventory stacks.
- Stack-splitting will no longer lose functionality if the menu is exited after changing quantity.