Overwatch’s ongoing Uprising event features a PvE mode that rewards players with Loot Boxes for winning. Players discovered that it’s possible to prevent enemies from spawning, thereby making victory an inevitability. Blizzard vowed recently to address the exploit.
With today’s patch, this is no longer possible–at least through the existing means for doing so–meaning you’ll have to actually fight all your way to the end in order to pick up the win. While this wasn’t as serious as an exploit facing the competitive, PvP portion of the game, at least you’ll no longer have to worry about facing pressure to take part in this when playing.
A fix that’s perhaps more important is one that involves ties not being broken properly. The patch notes mention a fix for “an issue that could cause inaccurate results when breaking ties based on capture percentage on Assault and Assault/Escort maps.”
Also resolved is an issue that didn’t allow the Overwatch Uprising 2017 player icon to unlock when logging into the game, and the mode’s scorecard should now properly track Sombra’s Hack, Ana’s healing, and D.Va’s eliminations.
You can check out the full list of patch notes below.
Overwatch PC April 17 Update Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that caused the game client to crash when Overwatch was launched
- Fixed a bug preventing the Null Sector bots from spawning during the payload escort phase of the Overwatch Uprising brawl
- The Overwatch Uprising 2017 player icon will now unlock when you log into the event
- Firing shots while standing on the payload in Overwatch Uprising will no longer cause accuracy issues for your hero
- Fixed an issue preventing players from placing turrets on moving platforms (i.e. the payload)
- The Overwatch Uprising scorecard now correctly tracks stats from Sombra’s Hack
- The Overwatch Uprising scorecard now correctly tracks Ana’s healing stats
- The Overwatch Uprising scorecard now correctly tracks D.Va’s enemy eliminations
- Fixed an issue that could cause inaccurate results when breaking ties based on capture percentage on Assault and Assault/Escort maps
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to move freely when being hit by Mei’s Blizzard or Endothermic Blaster
- Fixed a bug causing D.Va’s hair to be rigid in the Selfie highlight intro when her Palanquin skin is equipped
- Fixed a bug causing Soldier: 76’s cape to clip during the Push-Ups emote when his Strike Commander Morrison, Daredevil: 76, or Stunt Rider: 76 skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug causing the ice on Pharah’s Frostbite skin to stretch when her Flair emote was activated
- Fixed a bug causing glass that has been shattered by an explosion to be colored black